CMP PhD students Gabriela Sejnova and Michael Tesar would like to invite you with Prof. Vasek Hlavac to the traditional CMP canoe trip. This time we are going to the river Vltava from Friday May 25 to Sunday May 27 2018.
- Meeting point is on Friday at 16.45 in front of Relay shop at Opatov metro station - it is on the side from which buses leave towards south.
- Any ideas, suggestions etc. please send to Gabriela Sejnova or Michael Tesar.
- You can register here.
- Registration is valid after payment. This year it is 1 300,- CZK/person on account nr. 1024522684/6100 (Subject: CMP canoeing and your name)
CMP canoeing trips have been organized since 1994. A single bus full of CMP members, ex-members, friends and their families/friends go together for a weekend to have fun and enjoy some nice Czech river.
This year our destination is the river Vltava. This river is mostly calm and suitable for begginers and advanced paddlers. There are several interesting historical landmarks such as Vyšší Brod town, Rožumberk castle, Český Krumlov castle or Zlatá Koruna monastery.
To make the trip as comfortable as possible, we will order a bus that will go along the river with us and take our luggage. So you only need to carry a few things in your boat.
Why should you go with us? It's almost sure you'll get to know some new CMP members. It's almost sure it's gonna be fun :) You can say you do some sports ;) And we hope it will be a great experience.
You are also welcome to bring your partners and children!
The date is set on Fri 25 - Sun 27 May 2018
People registered so far
- Departure of the bus is planned to 5 p.m. from Opatov metro station - on the side where buses are leaving towards south.
- Arrival at Kemp Viking, Na Pískárně, 382 41 Větřní. We will stay in this camp for both nights.
- The camping site has a restaurant - please have enough cash with you as they most probably won't accept cards.
- Canoeing starts in Vyšší Brod at Kemp Pod Hrází. The bus will take us there from our camp (planned departure of the bus at 8:30 a.m.).
- The length of the Saturday trip is 26 km.
- There are places to get lunch along the way.
- The river map can be found here
- Arrival back to kemp Viking.
- Canoeing from the camping site towards Český Krumlov (12 km) or further to Zlatá Koruna (25km).
- Lunch on the go
- Departure to Prague at around 2 pm.
What do I need to take with?
- A tent
- A sleeping bag
- Appropriate clothes (everything at least twice), a raincoat
- Some tennis or rubber shoes (they'll get wet for sure)
- Food for you and a cooker / pot if you need it (you can use a fireplace in the camping site, or, if you prefer, you can buy breakfasts, dinners, and Saturday lunch in restaurants; Sunday lunch is planned to be on the go)
Other things like boats, life jackets, paddles and barrels will be arranged for all registered participants.